Run 10: Wednesday 4/22/09
Weather: Upper 40's and cloudy
I've been alternating with 2 mins running and 2 mins walking this week. For my last running stint, I tucked away the stopwatch and just ran. I wanted to see how far I could go without watching the clock. I put my focus into breathing, like I do when I'm swimming, with deep breaths. I know it's oxygen that we convert into energy, so this really helped.
I went ALL the way around the loop, a full HALF MILE without stopping!! 4min and 45 seconds. Wow!! What an achievement. :D
Even compared to when I had "run" a few years ago, I think that is the longest I've gone without needing to switch to walking. I am amazed to see such progress after only 3 weeks!! Maybe it won't take me 6 months to able to run 3 miles without stopping, after all. (The official program is 3 months, but as I'm extending some of the weeks, I expect my progress to take longer.)
One step at a time, but it's very exciting. Gotta celebrate all the mini milestones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment