Run 31: Monday 6/22/09
Weather: low 60's and cloudy
The temperature felt just about perfect today. I did a combo of endurance and speed training. 10 minute run followed by two sets of speed work: 1min fast, 2min medium, 3min slow, with walk breaks inbetween. This means that my running days are getting longer. I used to be out here for 30 minutes, and now it seems closer to 45min-1hr.
I was also being videotaped. Well, not just me. There was a woman set up in one corner of the park with a video camera on a tripod that looked very much like the size and quality of a news station camera. She was taping people as they rounded the path, with some people stopping for close up shots.
When I started running, I did not want anyone to see me. And while I still don't think I'm so fantastic to watch, I feel a lot more confident that I look like a runner instead of an overweight non-runner that really should know better than to try. ;) So, I welcomed the camera and continued confidently, proud that I was simply running at all.
I stopped to ask her what she was taping, before I left. She said she was a student working on a PSA for the city of Bellevue about their walking program. I gave her a smile and a little encouragement and went on my way.
Cross Training: Tuesday I got up early for yoga and it was nice to focus, relax, and stretch out before a busy workday.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment